Technology Solutions Director
We’re a software and services company on an exciting growth trajectory with 25+ years’ experience in delivering world-class geospatial software and spatial data science expertise to customers in the public sector.
We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable with challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we live by the principles of empowerment and this role is pivotal to the success of the business.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions where location is a large part of our customers’ operations. We do this through our team of data consultants or through our software products or solutions where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
Our Technology Solutions Director will be an influential leader with a proven background in directing and growing technical teams. Transformation is a critical part of this role, and operational governance, professional development and continuous improvement will be key to enabling the required growth in this area of the business. This is a brand-new role within Envitia.
Working closely with our Delivery Director, you will lead teams of consultants, analysts, and engineers to create a high performing technical delivery function. Your teams will consistently deliver the highest quality technical services and solutions, while demonstrating clear value and benefits to our customers.
You will drive transformational changes within teams, both cultural and operational. This will involve leading the enhancement of our governance processes and procedures, understanding and acting on lessons learnt, and instilling a culture of continuous improvement. It will also require strong technical leadership, promoting personal and professional development to bring the best out of your team and enable capability growth.
What will this role involve:
- Accountability for the day-to-day operations of the Technology Solutions department – its people, methods, governance and tooling.
- Working closely with the HR team to define, attract, recruit, mentor and develop the required engineering talent to support our growth strategy.
- Managing the capability leads, and supporting/coaching them with line management responsibilities.
- Building a culture of Continuous Improvement across the department, establishing, operating and delegating as necessary across the department.
- Accountability for the provision of technical support to the Sales and Account Management teams
- Overseeing the production of high-quality technical proposal materials.
- Assuring the generation and accuracy of technical estimates, ensuring due consideration is given from technology selection, methodology, resourcing and outcomes perspectives.
- Accountability for delivery of our technical solutions and services to the requisite quality and agreed estimates.
- Managing the allocation and resourcing of department team members.
- Managing our contract pool as necessary to meet department demands.
Your background and experience:
- A strong software engineering background with deep knowledge and skills, having worked your way up from technical roles through to directorship level
- Demonstrable success managing, leading, and coaching high performing technical teams in a consultative software services provider
- Experience of working in an organisation with strong, demonstrable year-on-year growth
- Ability to influence and drive cultural change within technical teams
- Natural self-starter: highly resilient in the face of rejection or challenge
- High EQ: confident communicating and influencing stakeholders and colleague at all levels. Successfully engage with both technical and non-technical colleagues/clients
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working – a working pattern that suits you and compliments your personal life
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as a day off!
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.