Systems Integration Engineer
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As Envitia responds to a recent period of rapid growth and is well positioned in the market for continued and sustained success, we are now looking for a Systems Integration Engineer to take responsibility for all aspects of testing, integration, customer acceptance, and on-site installations. The role may also encompass some end user training potentially at customer sites based around the UK.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed and want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them. Most of all you are suited to our culture of absolute transparency and critical honesty as the bedrock of continuous improvement.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
- Develop, define & document processes for data loads and execute testing of developed products and solutions with an end customer focus
- Articulate issues found during testing back to the development teams for resolution
- Install and update operating systems, 3rd party software, update documentation and support procedures/activity reports
- Integration of products and solutions on MS Windows platforms
- Develop, document and host training of the developed solutions for both internal and external customers
- Provide coherent advice to users both internal and external as 2nd level support
- Virtualisation management – VMWare – ESXi, Workstation & Hyper-V
- Experience with GIS tools, such as ESRI ArcMap, ArcServer & QGIS
- Windows Server Operating system installation and configuration experience – Server 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019
- Windows Active Directory management, DNS, GPOs
- Database Management / Use – MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostGIS
- Backup management – e.g.: Veeam
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, & BBQ’s
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs