We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector. We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we truly believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As Envitia responds to a recent period of rapid growth and is well positioned in the market for continued and sustained success, we are now looking for a Solutions Architect to join our growing team.
Above all, you’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base. You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them. You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
Experience – Functional:
- A proven track record defining target architectures and defining development plans/roadmaps
- Possess suitable experience and a comprehensive understanding working within customer (including Ministry of Defence (MOD)) Enterprise Architecture environments
- Ability to identify and assess risks and to advise on risk mitigation strategies
- Possess experience of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with cloud hosted solutions and environments.
Experience – Technical:
- Solid experience reviewing and selecting Technical and Applications Architecture solutions to solve customer challenges
- Experience with requirements elicitation & management
- Exposure to SOA design and implementation
- Experience working with 3rd party Technical and Application Architects / Developers
- Experience working as part of a software development team
Education / Qualifications
- Extensive practical Enterprise Architecture experience, certified with a recognised EA framework, e.g. MODAF or Archimate.
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Ability to work with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop solution options to meet challenging requirements as part of a design team
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, & BBQ’s
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.