Senior Front End Software Engineer
We’re a software and services company on an exciting growth trajectory with 25+ years’ experience in delivering world-class geospatial software and spatial data science expertise to customers in the public sector.
We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable with challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we live by the principles of empowerment and this role is pivotal to the success of the business.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions where location is a large part of our customers’ operations. We do this through our team of data consultants or through our software products or solutions where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
- Technical leadership experience
- Proficient with Angular, React or Vue.js
- Capable of breaking down customer requirements into an actionable software design
- Experienced with working with backend teams to define and utilise appropriate service APIs
- Able to act as a role model and mentor for junior members of the engineering team
- Full stack experience
- Experience with producing responsive, accessible, mobile-first web applications
- Experience with geospatial tools and techniques
- Natural self-starter: highly resilient in the face of rejection or challenge
- High EQ: confident communicating and influencing stakeholders and colleague at all levels. Successfully engage with both technical and non-technical colleagues/clients
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working – a working pattern that suits you and compliments your personal life
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as a day off!
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.