Senior Data Scientist / Senior Data Technology Consultant
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You’re a Data specialist. You love working with Data and the technology that supports it on a day to day level and you can offer strategic advice to our Leadership team on what are the “hot topics” in the broader Data world. You can offer appropriate process and thought challenge, as well as expert pre-sales advice and actual technical deployment to our customers, sales and project teams. You have a track record of being able to offer strategic advice to help shape the growth trajectory of our sales and resource pipelines.
Let’s be clear, there are no “ivory towers” here at Envitia:
Work with data and the technology that supports it on a day to day basis as well as providing strategic counsel and pre-sales guidance and advice.
Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research. This will include technical deployment at a proof of concept level. Just theorising about the “how” is not going to be enough for this role – your software background will enable you to build “demos” and the proof of concepts. Therefore, a background in Geo databases, Python etc. is going to be essential.
Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all of spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to identify new data areas/markets as well as offer appropriate strategic-level challenge.
Partner closely with sales and project management teams to support bids, pre-sales and delivery.
- Broad data domain experience across a variety of sectors
- Proven capability in deploying software and technology – capable and confident building “proof of concepts” and demonstrators
- Experience of working with data at both a project delivery and a strategic level
- Experience of providing bid, pre-sales and project delivery expertise: positive track record of supporting, guiding and challenging sales and project colleagues
- Confident and engaging with clients: can help clients articulate and identify their issues and concerns
- Comfortable providing expert support and challenge to a Senior Leadership team: input will help shape trajectory of sales and resourcing pipelines
- Experience analysing customer data ecosystems and recommending both data and system level solutions to optimise their workflows
- Act as mentor to early career colleagues
- Deputise and be a “sounding board” for Applied Research Team Lead
- Worked outside of military/defence data environment
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase)
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures.
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Competitive pay
- Great benefits package including: medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- Casual work environment with flexible hours – you tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home.
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks
- Employee recognition awards & your birthday as holiday!
Want to Apply?
Email us at email@example.com with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!