Recruitment & HR Manager
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We are a software and services company that enjoys the best of both worlds: a well-established and profitable company with a start-up mentality. We’ve been in business for over 25 years delivering software products and solutions to the public and private sector, but we maintain an innovative culture and agile approach. With a new CEO and CTO, we’re now looking to disrupt the geo data market and grow dynamically into new markets as geo location becomes part of everyday life (think how location data drives apps such as Uber and AirBnB).
We’re creating a culture that is fun, challenging and supporting. And we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We are focussed on developing our team by providing every opportunity for employees to take on more responsibility through promotion and professional development.
The most important thing is that you love what you do and have a passion for exploring and pushing the boundaries while having fun. You’re ambitious and driven – mediocrity isn’t acceptable to you. You’re confident but look to your peers to help you improve. You’re a team player and you share what you know with those around to improve what they do. So when you find a problem you’re immediately looking for the solution and can use your initiative to work with others to solve that problem.
You are a credible Recruiter with a passion for technology recruitment. You are comfortable and confident sourcing those “hard to find” candidates in both the permanent and contract markets. When it comes to HR, you’re an excellent mix of “best practice” and pragmatism. You can help to shape and guide the organisation, challenge if needed and provide consultative feedback when appropriate. You’re happy to get your hand’s dirty and recognise the need and opportunity of wearing “multiple hats” within a SME environment.
About the Role
This is a pivotal role within Envitia that will offer you the opportunity to become involved in all elements of the organisation. The role has 2 key responsibilities: Recruitment and HR.
Recruitment at Envitia is made up of 2 core elements: hiring for Envitia employees and resourcing contractors to support our external consultancy work. It is a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and will best suit someone is confident and has a strong track record in IT Contractor resourcing and hiring. You will own the full recruitment process from role identification, authorisation, sourcing, selection and offer management. Our goals in this area are 3 fold: ensure high-quality candidates are identified and secured within tight timeframes; increase our direct hiring and reduce our agency spend; and build extensive networks of qualified candidates/talent pooling.
Onboarding at Envitia needs to be clear, credible and personalised. All colleagues must feel valued and recognised throughout the hiring and onboarding process. This role will be responsible for refining and further developing our existing processes.
HR is critical to Envitia’s success. This role will be responsible for all HR policies and procedures as well as help shape and embed a revitalised Appraisal and Objective programme for all employees. Learning and Development will be a key area of focus for us throughout 2019 and 2020.
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Develop excellent understanding of the business and relationship with key employees
- Work closely with both Sales and Leadership Team to ensure proper visibility and communication of resource needs and planning
- Own 360 recruitment process for all permanent employees and across Envitia’s bid/consultancy work
- Drive direct hire through effective use of social media, referrals, talent pooling etc.
- Deliver a consistent, exceptional candidate experience throughout the recruitment journey
- Partner with specialist agencies where necessary
- Create external Contractor bench to ensure a pre-qualified talent pool
- Create job descriptions and interview processes for roles/vacancies as required
- Create, communicate and own key recruitment metrics
- Act as internal SME for hiring managers, Leadership Team and Bid Team.
- Own all aspects of the Onboarding experience and ensure all new starters are well supported throughout their probationary period
- Create, communicate and own Onboarding feedback loop ensuring lessons learnt and continuous improvement
- Responsible for ensuring employer brand is effectively promoted across all channels
- Own all HR policies and procedures ensuring that Envitia is fully compliant
- Stay up to date on employment legislation and educate/support key stakeholders
- Design, implement and deliver an effective and engaging annual Appraisal and Objective process, including continuous improvement methods
- Ensure all employees have a relevant and personalised learning and development plan
- Partner with CEO to create a high engagement culture
- Ownership of HR system with focus on reporting and streamlining processes.
- Credible Recruiter with a solid track record in technology recruitment
- Confident and consultative HR Manager who can drive change
- Invigorated by a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally
- Proficiency with MS Office tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience of working within an SME environment
- Experience of implementing/improving an annual appraisal process
- Experience of creating and supporting individual learning and development plans
- Competitive Pay
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- Medical & Life insurance
- Attractive company pension
- Subsidised gym membership
- 25 days holidays a year
- Flexible working policy
We’re focused on how we can help you be the best you can be in the workplace with career development plans and training. We have a flexible approach to working covering many aspects such as working hours and location as well as a dress down policy. We realise that the little things count for so much and reflect this through regular social events, employee awards and an option not to work on your birthday.
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
Want to Apply?
Email us at email@example.com with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!