Senior Technical Project Manager
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation in 2018, the company had a hugely successful 2019 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You have a software engineering background and have moved into Project Management. You have excellent customer and communication skills and are invigorated by a fast-paced and “start up” style mentality and culture.
Our PMs work on a variety of projects across multiple clients. It’s a varied and fast-paced role that will offer you every opportunity to demonstrate your software engineering expertise, super client and communication skills and pragmatic PM talents.
Whilst you won’t be developing software in this role, you will be working very closely with our inhouse development team: helping to translate customer expectations and challenging where needed.
Project Management here at Envitia is customer focused. We’re not wedded to every element of Prince 2 but rather tend to take a flexible and pragmatic approach with enough rigour to ensure that: risks are identified and addressed early; resourcing and budget planning is effective, monitored and managed; and key milestones or CR are well documented and where possible, anticipated. One thing we’re absolutely committed to is transparency – we never leave our customer in the dark. Ever.
- Experience of software development Project Management
- Has a software engineering background
- Experience project managing teams and motivating teams of engineers and consultants
- Ability to monitor, analyse and report on performance of all allocated projects
- Ability to work directly with customers to ensure delivery and identify new opportunities
- Ability to influence technical discussions / designs / architectures
- Experience focusing on customer needs and experience focusing development on the things that matter
- Delivery of geospatial or data focused projects
- Understanding of defence and local government sectors
- Ability to monitor financial health of a project and programme and forecasting
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Encourage and support continuous process improvement and effective change management
- Whole project lifecycle exposure from bid support through to business benefit realisation
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people (and translate between both)
- The ability to work at customer sites around the UK as well as our offices in Horsham
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
Want to Apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!