Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
Our Project and Solutions teams are currently looking for a Project Manager to join us in our Horsham head office. We are interested in you if you are a dynamic, creative, problem solving individual who wants to make a difference.
Juniors Project Managers just starting out on their PM Career, through to seasoned project managers all welcome to apply, it’s the right individual we are on the lookout for!
- Understanding or experience with software development lifecycle / software engineering background
- Experience of delivering software projects balancing time, cost and quality
- Experience managing teams and motivating teams of engineers and consultants
- Ability to monitor, analyse and report on performance of all allocated projects
- Ability to manage, report and identify project risks
- Ability to manage small and large project budgets to agreed limits
- Ability to work directly with customers to ensure delivery and identify new opportunities
- Experience in both waterfall and agile environments
- Delivery of geospatial or GIS projects
- Understanding of defence and local government sectors
- A track record in sub-contractor management
- Ability to monitor financial health of a project and programme and forecasting
- APM-P certification or Scrum Master certification
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
- Encourage and support continuous process improvement and effective change management
- Whole project lifecycle exposure from bid support through to business benefit realisation
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people (and translate between both)
- The ability to work at customer sites around the UK as well as our offices in Horsham
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Competitive Pay – up to £50k dependent on skills and experience
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- Casual work environment with flexible hours – you tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home.
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks
- Employee recognition awards & Your birthday as holiday!
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Envitia jobs boards and upload your CV with a supporting message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!