Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
- A demonstrable flair for delivering software products with the right balance of time, cost and quality
- Proven experience of working in an Agile and scrum-based environment, ideally as a product or project manager, with software engineering teams
- Know how to manage, prioritise and maintain product backlogs and how to define the gating factors for those backlogs
- The ability to monitor, analyse and report on the performance of product development as well as their financial health
- Understand and appreciate software engineering and design with a strong technical background, coupled with an analytic mind-set
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with Atlassian’s BitBucket, Jira and Confluence
- A track record in commercial software development
- Scrum Master certification
- Previous experience with a product or project management role
- Know how to deliver the highest quality software products, that meets the needs of the business and of our customers, in a timely manner
- Experience of estimating the value of software features and components, cost benefit analysis and writing business cases
- A Technical background in software engineering
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Competitive Pay – up to £55k dependent on skills and experience
- Training & development to support your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- Casual work environment with flexible hours – you tell us how you work best.
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks
- Employee recognition awards
- Your birthday as holiday!
Want to Apply?
Please go to the Envitia jobs boards and upload your CV with a supporting message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!