Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector. We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As Envitia responds to a recent period of rapid growth and is well positioned in the market for continued and sustained success, we are now looking for an Operations Director who will be responsible for transforming and then overseeing the internal functions of the business including HR, IT, Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement, Security and Resource Planning.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed and want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them. Most of all you are suited to our culture of absolute transparency and critical honesty as the bedrock of continuous improvement.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
- Transform the way Envitia supports its delivery teams across HR, IT, QA, Policies & Processes, Security and Resource Planning.
- On completion of transformation, oversee operations functions on an ongoing basis using the new processes. Particular importance to be placed on the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Prepare regular forecasts, capacity and capability plans.
- Understand internal needs from leadership, carry out a gap analysis, plan transformation and then deliver as an internal project conscious of the cultural challenges of any change process.
- Ability to identify, shape, plan, and run internal projects on time and to budget with communication across all stakeholders.
- Ongoing ownership of company’s policies and processes to ensure that it is relevant to Envitia yet enables us to exceed the expectations of our customers
- Responsible for operations management within agreed performance plans and budget
- Responsible for resource planning working closely with our People Manager
- Manage third party suppliers and sub-contractors that form part of the operation deliverables (eg. IT & QA)
- Deliver clear evidence of a Continuous Improvement Process and promote an innovating culture within Envitia
- Communicate with stakeholders to maintain awareness of progress and future requirements.
- Responsible for Company IT strategy and infrastructure management including cyber and data security
- Maintain the highest standard of professional reputation and promote a strong and positive image of the company
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, & BBQ’s
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.