Maritime Data Scientist
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that is hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research
Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Proficiency in the creation of automated deployment pipelines using deployment automation tools, such as Terraform
- Proficiency in several technologies, including Python and ideally Scala
- Experience in data modelling and databases, also ETL tools
- Experience in data analysis and transformation
- 2+ years’ experience in Software or Systems Engineering
- Experience with client relationships
- Preferably holds a UK Security Clearance
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase)
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques, architectures and data types
- Proven capability in systems design and development
- Project management experience
- Proposal development experience
You Will Also Have:
- Great communication skills, both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
There will be occasional travel within this role.
- Competitive Pay
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- A casual work environment with flexible hours – you tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home.
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks
- Employee recognition awards & your birthday as holiday!
Want to Apply?
Email us at email@example.com with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!