We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that is hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability. You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them. You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area
We are looking to recruit a Data Consultant with a strong GIS or Geography background to work on both geospatial and non-geospatial projects. This role will involve extensive research, with a consultancy approach, where you will be supporting internal and external projects. Please note: this role may require you to travel to client sites from time to time.
Typical responsibilities will involve:
- Delivering technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis, and research under the guidance of Senior Consultants
- Assisting with business development and pre-sales activities
- Providing technical services on projects including through-life system requirements, consultancy and support
The Technical Skills We Need:
- Good experience using commercial and opensource GIS technologies (e.g. ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Geoserver)
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as PostGres, Oracle, MySQL etc. and database querying
- Experience with scripting or cloud technologies (e.g. Python, Azure)
- Must be IT competent with a good understanding of the Microsoft suite
- Excellent written English skills and communication
- Experience using FME
- Understanding of data modelling and data standards
- Obtains a GIS or Geography background
- Training & development to support you and your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday!
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual bonus)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Employee recognition awards
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases!