Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As Envitia responds to a recent period of rapid growth and is well positioned in the market for continued and sustained success, we are now looking for a Java Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
- Solid experience of Java coding, preferably in a Java EE environment
- Experience of integrating Maven
- Unit and integration testing frameworks e.g. JUnit, Mockito etc.
- Experience in Spring
- Know and understand how to use Git or similar for source code revision control and be comfortable in working with backlog and issue trackers
- Experience of integrating Maven builds into a CI setup based on Jenkins
- Experience of JMeter
- Experience in IoC, Security and Boot
- Enterprise design patterns with an emphasis on microservices/SaaS
- Used to working in an agile development environment
- Solid experience of working with RESTful and open standards APIs, together with data formatting representations including XML and JSON
- Experience with containerisation techniques such as Docker
- Database and datastore access including JDBC, JPA, SQL Server and PostGreSQL
- Application server development using Tomcat
- Exposure to or knowledge of GIS tools and platforms including GeoTools and GeoServer
- Knowledge of key components of the Java EE ecosystem including JMS, JAXB, JAX-RS, Apache Commons and Camel
- Experience with Atlassian’s BitBucket, Jira and Confluence
You Will Also Have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A focus on high quality software with a corresponding attention to detail
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Training & development to support you and your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday!
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual bonus)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases!
Want to Apply?
Email us at email@example.com with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!