Head of Advisory Services & Consultancy
We’re a software and services company on an exciting growth trajectory with 25+ years’ experience in delivering world-class geospatial software and spatial data science expertise to customers in the public sector.
We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable with challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we live by the principles of empowerment and this role is pivotal to the success of the business.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions where location is a large part of our customers’ operations. We do this through our team of data consultants or through our software products or solutions where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions. The company went through a Private Equity backed Management Buy Out in 2020 and is now structuring for the next stage of growth.
The Head of Advisory Services / Consulting will lead our services division and deliver clear business value to our customers around data and geospatial data solutions. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a consultancy background and demonstrate the ability to communicate complex technical problems, data challenges and their solutions in a way that business leaders can understand. They will also have natural relationship building skills, and an aptitude to look for and win new business.
- Understand and offer solutions to a data challenges faced by public sector customers. This includes everything from data architecture to technical detail around data modelling, data quality and BI/visualisation tools. Must be able to work between high level design to low level detail.
- Manage and lead teams in the delivery of data and geospatial solutions. Communicate to multiple stakeholders in a language that is relevant to them from customer business leaders, to customer technical teams, Envitia technical teams and our partners.
- Be proactive in pre-sales activities within Envitia to support customer meetings and brainstorm ideas with customers, to plan and write compelling proposals around data and geospatial data solutions. This includes the ability to estimate delivery resources required (skills/experience, size of team and duration of delivery)
- Lead the delivery of services to customers as the “face of Envitia” for the project with accountability for projects delivered on time, to cost, and with great customer satisfaction scores.
- Always lead with business value– we want to be able to articulate the business value we deliver to our customers and not simply burn through a pot of money.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of internal and external capabilities, past projects, lessons learned, methods and approaches to conducting advisory assignments, including report writing.
- Ensure the highest standards of communication and presentation are upheld before, during and after each project
- Keep a close eye on market developments in data and geospatial data and technologies.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to scale advisory services to new product lines.
- Act as a senior leader across the business, guiding and developing junior colleagues, contributing to management decision-making, and representing Envitia externally
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience of managing data projects in a consultancy business.
- Proven in pre-sales activity and proposal writing
- Proven in delivery of complex technical projects
- Robust and clear-headed, solution-oriented thinker, critical thinker and problem solver.
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with an ability to manage, supervise, lead and deliver projects to deadlines
- Highly commercially aware, with the ability to effectively consult with clients to understand, and write proposals that meet their objectives and secure further work
- Evidence passion for producing the highest quality work and encouraging a focus on quality in other team members
- Ability to collaborate effectively with your colleagues and third parties with different backgrounds, skills and levels of seniority
Nice to have
- Geospatial data experience (we have plenty of geospatial experience in the team so this role does not necessarily need to have a geo background).
The package & benefits:
- Flexible working – choose your working location and hours that suit you and your home life
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.