Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that is hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
- Deliver technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
- Undertake the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and or standards and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
- Provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies.
The technical skills we need:
- Experience deploying and administering Geoserver in a Linux environment
- A strong background in software engineering with a solid understanding of the SDLC
- Knowledge of spatially enabled databases (PostGreSQL/GIS, SQLServer etc.)
- Knowledge of geospatial data types and formats (preferably in the maritime domain)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience working in an agile team
Security Clearance Requirements:
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Training & development to support you and your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday!
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual bonus)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Employee recognition awards
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases!
This role will require you to travel in between our Horsham office and customer sites
Want to Apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!