Senior Data Consultant
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You’re a Data specialist. You love working with Data and the technology that supports it on a day to day level and you can offer strategic advice to our Leadership team on what are the “hot topics” in the broader Data world. You can offer appropriate process and thought challenge, as well as expert pre-sales advice and actual technical deployment to our customers, sales and project teams. You have a track record of being able to offer strategic advice to help shape the growth trajectory of our sales and resource pipelines.
In this role, you will be working with data and the technology that supports it on a day to day basis as well as providing strategic counsel and pre-sales guidance and advice. You will be delivering technical consultancy services to clients including reports, reviews, analysis and research. This will include technical deployment at a proof of concept level. Just theorising about the “how” is not going to be enough for this role – your software background will enable you to build “demos” and the proof of concepts. Therefore, a background in Geo databases, Python etc. is going to be essential.
This role will require you to maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technologies, standards, specifications and industry trends especially in spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies, as well as undertaking the analysis of technical documentation including research papers and producing summary reports, comment, conclusions and proposed actions for customers.
You will provide advice and expertise to customers with respect to some or all of spatial data infrastructures, data science, Web Services and specialist GIS technologies, whilst collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team to identify new data areas/markets as well as offer appropriate strategic-level challenge.
- Broad data domain experience across a variety of sectors – Maritime, defence, civil
- Proven capability in developing & deploying software and technology – capable and confident building “proof of concepts” and demonstrators
- Experience analysing customer data ecosystems and recommending both data and system level solutions to optimise their workflows “Data Wrangling”
- Experience developing solutions designs / architectures including geospatial applications
- Experience of providing bid, pre-sales and project delivery expertise: positive track record of supporting, guiding and challenging sales and project colleagues
- Confident and engaging with clients: can help clients articulate and identify their issues and concerns
- Comfortable providing expert support and challenge to a Senior Leadership team: input will help shape trajectory of sales and resourcing pipelines
- Act as mentor to early career colleagues
- Deputise and be a “sounding board” for Applied Research Team Lead
- Worked outside of military/defence data environment
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Nifi, Kafka, Hadoop, HBase)
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques and architectures.
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs