Front-end Software Engineer
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
The most important thing is that you love what you do and have a passion for exploring and pushing the boundaries while having fun. You’re ambitious and driven – mediocrity isn’t acceptable to you. You’re confident but look to your peers to help you improve. You’re a team player and you share what you know with those around to improve what they do. So, when you find a problem, you’re immediately looking for the solution and can use your initiative to work with others to solve that problem.
- Proficient with Angular, React or Vue.js
- Capable of breaking down customer requirements into an actionable software design
- Experienced with working with backend teams to define and utilise appropriate service APIs
- Able to act as a role model and mentor for junior members of the engineering team
- Full stack experience
- Experience with producing responsive, accessible, mobile-first web applications
- Experience with geospatial tools and techniques
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contributions towards glasses costs