Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
Dev Ops is a critical part of our service offering to clients. It’s the crucial touch point between our highly experienced Development Team and our expert Infrastructure and QA Teams.
Initially, this role will be co-located: at our client site in Portsmouth (min. 3 days a week) and at our Head Office in Horsham. There may also be the opportunity for some homeworking.
The client environment is much like our own, fast-paced, highly collaborative and ideal for people who like to “roll their sleeves up” and get involved in side projects and tasks. We both value talent and the role will offer ample opportunity to work with highly experienced colleagues, across a wide-range of areas. The project that you will be supporting has been in place for a couple of years and is a ground-breaking data platform that will enable our client to analyse data from a wide range of systems. You really will be at the forefront of their technological developments.
- Broad Dev. Ops experience – comfortable and confident working on client site with minimal supervision
- Solid experience with Docker
- Experience with Linux, ideally Ubuntu
- Solid experience in Jenkins 2 pipelines
- Excellent customer and communication skills – confident being an Ambassador for Envitia
- Experience in Ansible
- Docker Swarm
- Python 3
You will also have:
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people (and translate between both)
- The ability to work at customer sites around the UK as well as our offices in Horsham
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Competitive Pay
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- Casual work environment with flexible hours – you tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home.
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks
- Employee recognition awards & Your birthday as holiday!
Want to Apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!