C++/ C# Developer
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 20+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
About the Role
This is a great role for a BackEnd Developer who thrives in an environment where they can become a true expert. You will be working on both our existing product: MapLink Pro which has customers around the globe and other systems. You’ll be involved in full lifecycle with the outlet to design, develop, maintain and support this industry leading product. Working across a mix of technologies, we’ll ensure that you have ample opportunity to learn new things such as OpenGL. You’ll also work across platforms (GUI). In addition, for the right candidate, we can offer a variety of project work to help expand your skillset and ensure that you are always adding to your experience. As a small organisation, you will have the option to influence our success.
- Intermediate level C++/C# development, preferably in a cross-platform environment (Windows, Linux) with knowledge of key components of the C++ ecosystem including the STL (C++11/14), boost
- Experience of at least one graphics technology such as OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, or X11
- Experience of at least one desktop UI technology such as MFC, Qt, WPF
- Unit and integration testing frameworks such as cppunit/nunit/junit
- Know and understand principles of source code revision control and be comfortable in working with backlog and issue trackers e.g. Git
- Experience using CMake or similar C++ build systems
- Experience building and using CI systems based on Jenkins
- Used to working in an agile development environment
- Experience of multi-threaded/high performance data/image processing
- Experience of .Net framework development using C#, preferably with experience writing GUI applications with WPF
- Experience with Atlassian’s BitBucket, Jira and Confluence
- Experience debugging OpenGL applications using apitrace, or similar tools
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A focus on high quality software with a corresponding attention to detail
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Competitive Pay and benefits
- Training & development to support your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holidays, company bonus scheme, & subsidised gym membership
- Casual work environment with flexible hours – you tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home.
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks
- Employee recognition awards
- Your birthday as holiday!
Want to Apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!