Senior Software Engineer
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation in 2018, the company had a hugely successful 2019 and 2020 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
About the Role
This is a really great role for a Senior Software Engineer who thrives in an environment where they can become a true expert. You will be working on our existing product: MapLink Pro which is a global leader in dynamic mapping visualisation. MapLink Pro is utilised by some of the most well-known applications from leading International systems integrators including BAE Systems, IBM & Lockheed Martin. You’ll be involved in full lifecycle with the outlet to design, develop, maintain and support this industry leading product. .
- Senior level C++/C# development, preferably in a cross-platform environment (Windows, Linux) with knowledge of key components of the C++ ecosystem including the STL (C++11/14), boost
- Experience of at least one graphics technology such as OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, or X11
- Experience of at least one desktop UI technology such as MFC, Qt, WPF
- Unit and integration testing frameworks such as cppunit/nunit/junit
- Know and understand principles of source code revision control and be comfortable in working with backlog and issue trackers e.g. Git
- Experience using CMake or similar C++ build systems
- Experience building and using CI systems based on Jenkins
- Experience of multi-threaded/high performance data/image processing
- Experience of .Net framework development using C#, preferably with experience writing GUI applications with WPF
- Experience with Atlassian’s BitBucket, Jira and Confluence
You will also have:
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- Know how to talk to both technical and non-technical people
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A focus on high quality software with a corresponding attention to detail
- Training & development to support you and your career
- A great benefits package including medical & life insurance, attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday!
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual bonus)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment with flexible working. You tell us how you work best, including working from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Employee recognition awards
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases!
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
Want to Apply?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a message about why Envitia, and why this role, is the perfect next step for you. We’ll be reviewing applications as soon as we receive them so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. Good luck!