We solve complex data problems for our customers in the defence and public sector. It is an unprecedented time for change in the market with the focus on data and data science. The defence sector needs to think differently, and to think different you need to be different.
That’s where Envitia excels. We don’t look and feel like a traditional defence company. We have team members with a military and defence sector background but we also have people who have joined us from the gaming, banking, and education sectors. Our diversity of thought sets us out from the crowd rather than being a compliance policy or a marketing statement. For us, innovation is as much about our approach to ideas, or commercial exploitation, as much as it is about tech.
Our Delivery Director will be a highly experienced delivery leader with the ability to provide technical guidance, leadership and strategic direction to our delivery teams, thus ensuring our delivery quality and efficiency always remains at the highest standard. This is a high-profile role that is critical to Envitia’s growth as the main point of contact for our customers, with considerable personal influence and impact across the organisation.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed and want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them. Most of all you are suited to our culture of absolute transparency and critical honesty as the bedrock of continuous improvement.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area.
- Accountability for the delivery of Envitia projects with a strategic outlook for future growth
- Management and oversight of complex technical projects & programmes through the complete development lifecycle, from requirements definition, risk analysis & management, to final delivery, managing both internal and external resources
- Strategic customer relationship management with new and existing customers
- Definition, implementation and ownership of the internal change management strategy covering tools, systems, technology to improve Envitia’s delivery process & methodology
- Manage the capabilities of the internal project management team (currently six direct reports and growing) and mentor, advise and guide all employees working in delivery roles
- Participation in the full lifecycle of pre-sales activities, assisting the sales team in preparation of customer proposals (defining the implementation and solution design)
- Strong software engineering background with a relevant degree
- Experience delivering complex data projects to public sector and defence sector clients
- Proven experience in the delivery leadership of large-scale software engagements through to successful commercial conclusion and winning follow-on projects
- Excellent commercial understanding in creation and reviewing of technical documentation
- Excellent commercial awareness, the ability to recognise sales opportunities and use your commercial skills to negotiate contract terms and conditions
- The ability to apply a deep understanding to customer requirements, with emphasis on their difficulties and challenges
- Evidence of delivering 30% year on year growth
The X Factor Skills.
- Aptitude to thrive in a demanding yet rewarding SME environment where corporate support structures don’t exist and the role includes everything from hands-on delivery to strategy
- Disruption should run through your veins. Thinking differently is how we will differentiate ourselves in the market and really drive innovation for our customers
- Fast growth mentality – not one to sit back and wait for opportunities
- Always looking to improve what we do with a real attention to detail
- The ability to think strategically – always two steps ahead of our customers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate ideas and requirements to a technical and non-technical audience
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.