Business Development Manager – Defence
We’re a software and services company on an exciting growth trajectory with 25+ years’ experience in delivering world-class geospatial software and spatial data science expertise to customers in the public sector. The company went through a Private Equity backed Management Buy Out in 2020 and is now structuring for the next stage of growth.
We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions where location is a large part of our customers’ operations. We do this through our team of data consultants or through our software products or solutions where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have greater situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As our Defence Business Development Manager, you are responsible for supporting revenue growth within the company by increasing sales with existing customers and building new revenue streams.
You will develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers, as well as the sales team and delivery team to identify and execute new sales opportunities. To do this you will need to fully understand the contract we are delivering and anticipate future challenges or opportunities when aligned against the customer’s operations and strategy.
Extending sales cycles in the defence sector requires drive & tenacity, coupled with a high commercial acumen. It is essential that you must be able to demonstrate these qualities through a proven track record in defence-related sales & account management.
To be a successful Business Development Manager at Envitia you will need to be highly self-motivated. There is no complex hierarchy nor a large team to support you so you will need to own your accounts, be the expert on each customer, plan the account growth strategy, and then guide Envitia to meet our customers’ current and future requirements. If we meet our customers’ needs – we meet our growth ambitions. Simple as that.
The responsibilities for this role:
- Acting as the “face of Envitia” and the main point of contact for our defence customers
- Generating sales amongst existing defence accounts
- Working closely with sales to develop meaningful customer relationships
- Working closely with project managers to manage client relationships – ensuring Envitia is best placed for winning next phases of work
- Accountability for account plans and delivering sales targets for each account
- Drafting proposals and taking through the review process
- Maintaining an accurate and comprehensive CRM for your accounts
- Identifying and mapping business strengths against customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable additional income streams
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking and a ‘growth mindset culture’, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
The most important thing is that you love what you do and have a passion for exploring and pushing the boundaries whilst having fun. You’re extremely ambitious and driven – mediocrity isn’t acceptable either from you or from those around you. You’re confident but humble and look to your peers to help you improve.
This is not a role for someone who needs significant support and daily guidance. Instead, it’s someone who finds problems, uses their initiative to come up with ideas and works well with others to get the best solution.
Salary & Benefits
- Base Salary – competitive but upside is focused on the bonus element.
- Market leading bonus – build our accounts, identify your growth accounts, and share in the upside. We’re focused on growing with high achievers so there is no cap on earning potential. 100% OTE and the accelerators is achievable based on your efforts.
- Working location and flexibility – tell us how you work best, whether that be at home or somewhere else
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years