Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years experience in delivering world-class location and data expertise to customers in the public sector.
We’re looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions. We are now looking for a Data Modeller who has a passion for data and the opportunities data brings to solving everyday challenges.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You’re a Data specialist. You love working with Data and the technology that supports it on a day to day level and you can offer strategic advice to our Leadership team on what are the “hot topics” in the broader Data world. You can offer appropriate process and thought challenge, as well as expert pre-sales advice and actual technical deployment to our customers, sales and project teams
- Experience in data analysis and transformation
- Expertise in data modeling principles including designing & developing sophisticated data models, both Logical Data Models (LDMs) and Physical Data Models (PDMs)
- Expertise in data catalog / warehouse design
- Experience in data modelling and databases, also use of ETL tools
- Experience in Data, Software or Systems Engineering
- Experience using FME, ESRI, QGIS, or any of (1Integrate, Oracle Spatial, PostgreSQL, SparxEA)
- Expertise in Geospatial data formats, Metadata and standards
- Expertise in OGC Standards and Protocols
- Evidence of analysis of datasets to identify & quantify trends
- Evidence developing automated process for business rule-based data quality control
- Proven capability in systems design and development
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Subsidised gym membership
- A casual work environment and flexible working. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.