Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation early 2018, the company had a hugely successful 2019 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You’re a Data specialist. You love working with Data and the technology that supports it on a day to day level and you can offer strategic advice to our Leadership team on what are the “hot topics” in the broader Data world. You can offer appropriate process and thought challenge, as well as expert pre-sales advice and actual technical deployment to our customers, sales and project teams
- Experience in Data, Software or Systems Engineering
- Evidence of analysis of datasets to identify & quantify trends
- Experience in data architecture, data analysis and transformation
- Evidence of designing & developing sophisticated data models using UML standards, both Logical Data Models (LDMs) and Physical Data Models (PDMs)
- Proficiency in scripting technologies, including Python
- Experience with client relationships
- Experience of using Sparx Enterprise Architect or other formal tools such as Erwin Data Modeller.
- Experience using UML, FME, ESRI, QGIS, 1Integrate, Oracle Spatial, PostgreSQL
- Evidence developing automated process for business rule-based data quality control
- Use of ETL tools
- Knowledge of geospatial techniques, architectures and data types
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.