Business Development Manager
Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
Following a re-organisation last year, the company had a hugely successful 2018 – all down to an amazing group of people. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
About the Role
Here at Envitia we’re on a success curve and we’re growing our teams across the business to reflect the exceptional reputation we have as creative, nimble solution-focused consultants. This role is the very epitome of that reputation. It’s a Hunter approach, through a consultative lens. Consistently demonstrating your ability to build insightful relationships with customers, understand key problems and respond as a Trusted Advisor. You’ll be able to clearly identify and communicate the point of difference and value that Envitia brings to each unique project. Key tasks include:
- Build and pursue a pipeline of market opportunities in-line with the sales strategy
- Develop new customer relationships in order to deliver profitable new business growth through understanding their needs and requirements
- Accurately forecast sales to agreed timescales against yearly and quarterly targets
- Lead the full sales cycle from lead generation to proposal submission, negotiation and contract award
- Effectively develop and manage proposals, bids and quotations to secure business
- Identify marketing & PR opportunities linked to relevant markets, customers & opportunities
- Liaise closely with Consultants and Engineering team for opportunities
- Maintain accurate account plans & strategies
- Maintain accurate weekly CRM updates & customer meeting notes
- Engage in company-wide initiatives: be an Envitia Ambassador.
This is a role that will offer you ample opportunity to develop both your business development and technological understanding of complex data solutions. You will be working with senior experts in their field and your potential career progression could be anywhere from managing a Business Development hub to Sales Director.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
You believe you have the potential to succeed. You want to push your boundaries but acknowledge that success comes through hard work, a positive attitude, and being surrounded by a great team that refuses to sit back and wait for opportunities to come to them.
You will need to demonstrate that you are passionate about what you do and that you drive success in your area. You’re a dynamic and proactive BD Manager who thrives under pressure and always takes responsibility for developing new customers and accounts.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable success of solution sales, through a mix of software and services
- Track record of leading the full sales cycle from lead generation to contract award for £500k+ opportunities
- Consistent sales success: achieved annual sales target in excess of £2million
- Takes accountability and ownership. Demonstrable track record of working autonomously to build portfolio
- Both strategic and tactical in thinking: capable of understanding the intricacies of Public Sector engagement
- Effective user of a CRM to drive accurate and regular customer touch point/reporting and pipeline analysis.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Worked in Public Sector
- Comfortable with technical solutions and software
- Natural self-starter: positive and confident. Highly resilient in the face of rejection or challenge
- High EQ: confident communicating and influencing stakeholders and colleague at all levels. Successfully engage with both technical and non-technical colleagues/clients
- Really great communication skills both in spoken and written English
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail.
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training three times a week
- A casual work environment and flexible working with core hours 10:00 – 15:00. You tell us how you work best including the ability to work from home
- Regular social events including “first of the month” drinks, monthly charity days, BBQ’s and much more
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses