Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As part of Envitia exciting growth plans, our Data Architecture CoE is expanding, and we are looking for an AI/ML Engineer to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Consulting, the AI/ML Engineer will be responsible for leading Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning engagements across our customer base and for establishing the direction of the AI & ML capabilities internally within Envitia.
Your position means that your role will involve significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with our clients, including in resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities, so client relation management and interpersonal skills as essential for the role.
In addition to the delivery and internal responsibilities, the successful AI/ML Engineer will also have a have responsibilities for helping Envitia to win work. You will shape, drive and win pre-sales activities and help to identify new opportunities in the clients you work with, to cross and up-sale.
- Lead the strategy and architecture transformation of legacy enterprise-scale platforms, incorporating modern technology stacks with AI capabilities.
- Drive innovation by conceptualizing and implementing AI functionalities within enterprise platforms.
- Collaborate closely with clients’ senior management, providing architectural guidance and technical expertise on complex business and systems issues.
- Strategic planning and business case development in the intersection of AI / ML with other architectural domains.
- Review the technology landscape and advising clients on emerging technology solutions to enhance our offerings and proposition.
- Derive and articulate value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to transform client operations.
- Develop backlogs for continuous modernization of large-scale applications, coordinating with peers, seniors and client stakeholders.
- Champion the use of AI/ML and Advanced Data Analytics best practices, provide workshops, trainings, and coaching to teams to modernizing applications.
- Mentor and lead other architects, engineers, ensuring high-quality architectural solutions.
- Establish Ethical Framework and guidelines for ethical AI use within the organization.
- Share best practices for design, development, and emerging technology solutions.
- AI and Data consulting experience, or other relevant experience in AI & Analytics domain, with a proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships.
- Experience in establishing end to end data driven solutions to leverage AI and/or ML capabilities.
- Experience of leading strategy and architecture transformation of legacy enterprise-scale platforms, incorporating modern technology stacks with AI capabilities.
- Experience in Data Modelling and Data Analytics.
- Experience in designing and implementing machine learning algorithms (Supervised, Unsupervised, and Reinforcement Algorithms).
- Experience in LLM, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Deep Learning, Data Analytics, Data Modelling, and enterprise-level use cases using Generative AI such as ChatGPT.
- Experience in designing and implementing Computer Vision solutions and algorithms.
- Experience in enterprise level use cases using Generative AI, such as Chat GPT and its employment under a benefit driven approach to clients in a consulting environment.
- AI frameworks, tools, and platforms such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Knowledge and experience in in programming languages like Python, R for building AI/ML capabilities, and experience in data streaming platforms such as Apache Spark or Kafka.
- Experience in multi cloud services (AWS / Azure / GCP) and modern cloud architecture patterns
Security Clearance Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to go through an SC security clearance.
What it’s like to work at Envita
We are a business which lives by its values. You will join a growing team who are friendly, dynamic, and supportive. We encourage passion, accountability, and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. Envitia runs regular social events where it’s a real opportunity to network and grow together as a business. As well as this we offer:
- 25 days’ holiday plus birthday off
- Flexible working environment
- 2 charity and fundraising days each year to get involved in projects important to you
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Free parking when onsite
- Enrolment into the company’s bonus scheme
- £20 month towards a gym or health club of your choice