Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As part of Envitia exciting growth plans, our Architecture CoE is expanding and we are looking for an Enterprise Architect to join our growing team.
The Enterprise Architect Consultant role will work with our customers to translate their business strategy into business change and technical delivery.
As an Enterprise Architect, you will have the opportunity to provide support to a wide range of projects in the defence and public sector markets. Your help our clients to enable them to get the maximum benefit from their technology investments, and in doing so play a key role in nationally critical projects.
With expertise architectures across the Business, Data, Applications and Infrastructure domains, you will also have an understanding of the technologies and operational processes required to achieve this. You will provide high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business aspirations.
Your position as an Enterprise Architect Consultant means that your role will involve significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with our clients, including in resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities, so client relation management and interpersonal skills as essential for the role.
- Supporting our clients to understand their requirements to deliver their business transformation programmes.
- Develop architecture views to describe all aspects of a client’s organisation including its Business, Applications, Data and Infrastructure.
- Identification of the gaps in the enterprise solutions framework and development of solutions for these gaps
- Definition, documentation and education of key architecture principles and ways of working
- Development of Architectural Solutions in accordance with customer policies and external standards
- Performance of appropriate governance activities ensuring overall implementation governance, architecture compliance and conformance to the Target Architecture
- Horizon scan for new technologies and trends that can improve the performance of our clients, providing practical advice and best practices to deliver improved business performance.
- Balance commercial perspectives alongside technical drivers to ensure the proposed enterprise architecture is fit for purpose given the business objectives.
- Experience working as an enterprise architect within a consulting environment, leading engagements with a variety of clients.
- Experience in setting strategic technical and business direction for clients.
- Experience developing enterprise architecture governance processes.
- Confident at bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical, mediating between people and communicating with stakeholders at all levels to build a consensus.
- C-Suite level stakeholder management skills demonstrating relevant leadership experience.
- Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review using EA frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, ArchiMate, etc.
- Experience working in the either the public sector or defence markets would be an advantage.
Security Clearance Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to go through an SC security clearance.
What it’s like to work at Envita
We are a business which lives by its values. You will join a growing team who are friendly, dynamic, and supportive. We encourage passion, accountability, and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. Envitia runs regular social events where it’s a real opportunity to network and grow together as a business. As well as this we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus birthday off
- Flexible working environment
- 2 charity and fundraising days each year to get involved in projects important to you
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Free parking when onsite
- Enrolment into the company’s bonus scheme
- £20 month towards a gym or health club of your choice