Join the Growth Story at Envitia
We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As part of Envitia exciting growth plans, we are recruiting for a Data Architect to join our growing consulting team.
The Data Architect will be responsible for delivering data architecture solutions to our clients in the defence and public sector markets. The role will also play a leading role in shaping our Architecture CoE, where you will contribute with Methods, Frameworks and Accelerators to enable us to become ever more agile and efficient in the way we deliver our data architecture engagements.
In addition to the delivery and internal responsibilities, the successful Data Architect will also have a have responsibilities for helping Envitia to win work. You will shape, drive and win pre-sales activities and help to identify new opportunities in the clients you work with, to cross and up-sale.
Your position as a Data Architect means that your role will involve stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with our clients, including in resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities, so client relation management and interpersonal skills as essential for the role.
- Supporting our clients to understand their data requirements to deliver their business transformation programmes.
- Translating our client’s business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
- Defining data architecture frameworks, standards, and principles.
- Drive thought leadership how our clients manage and exploit their data.
- Offering advice on potential solutions and products to solve and enhance client data and analytical reporting capabilities.
- Experience on data modelling – across both ER and Unstructured Data and across different platforms.
- Data Management and Data Governance – DAMA certification would be a plus.
- Experience in establishing complex data architectures covering many of: Data Quality Improvement, Data Processing, Data Storage and Retrieval, Data Insights and Visualization.
- Experience in working both in teams and as a standalone resource supporting clients.
- Self-starter in nature, with experience in leading engagements and delivering measurable outcomes.
- Experience working on pre-sales experience and track record in securing work through bidding.
- Experience in the Central Government and/or Defense domains, and ideally some experience in heavy industries – either Critical National Infrastructure, Transportation, Logistics, Energy, Utilities or Capital Investment would be an advantage.
- Flexibility and openness in working in different environments and domains pertaining with data and data architecture.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies particularly Microsoft Azure, where Certification is expected – additional cloud vendors experience would be an advantage.
Security Clearance Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to go through an SC security clearance.
What it’s like to work at Envita
We are a business which lives by its values. You will join a growing team who are friendly, dynamic, and supportive. We encourage passion, accountability, and collaboration, both in our performance as a team and individually. New ideas are encouraged. Envitia runs regular social events where it’s a real opportunity to network and grow together as a business. As well as this we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus birthday off
- Flexible working environment
- 2 charity and fundraising days each year to get involved in projects important to you
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- Free parking when onsite
- Enrolment into the company’s bonus scheme
- £20 month towards a gym or health club of your choice