We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base. You have a software engineering background and have moved into Project Management. You have excellent customer and communication skills and are invigorated by a fast-paced and “start up” style mentality and culture.
We are looking for a programme manager to work overseeing out project delivery. Our PMs work on a variety of projects across multiple clients. It’s a varied and fast-paced project role with some programme management and some hands on project work.
This role is to oversee our portfolio of projects working at a management level overseeing our team of project managers and engaging our customers as a key component of our account management.
The role would suit a details person who understands the details of project delivery but likes to work at a higher levels of business focus.
Project Management here at Envitia is customer focused. We’re not wedded to every element of Prince 2 but rather tend to take a flexible and pragmatic approach with enough rigour to ensure that: risks are identified and addressed early; resourcing and budget planning is effective, monitored and managed; and key milestones or CR are well documented and where possible, anticipated. One thing we’re absolutely committed to is transparency – we never leave our customers in the dark.
- Experience of consultancy / data / software development Programme Management
- Provide leadership across the project management team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Run some select projects hands on by create and execute project work plans and revise these as appropriate through the life of projects
- Effective resource planning, budgeting and reporting on a weekly basis
- Ability to work directly with customers to ensure smooth delivery and identify new opportunities
- Effective risk management across the portfolio of projects
- Ability to build relationships with customers to ensure successful account management
- Drive continuous improvement throughout project management processes, feeding ideas, recommendation of tools used & updating processes where needed
- Delivery of geospatial or data focused projects
- Understanding of defence and local government sectors
- Ability to monitor financial health of a project and programme and forecasting
- Good skills with Microsoft Project
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Encourage and support continuous process improvement and effective change management
- Whole project lifecycle exposure from bid support through to business benefit realisation
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training via Microsoft Teams
- Flexible working – work the hours that suit you, with the ability to work from home
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
- Regular attendance in Horsham, West Sussex. (1-2 days a week)
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history, and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.