We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As a member of Envitia’s Management Team, you will be responsible for the continuous development, growth and execution of Envitia’s consulting offer. You will work closely with the Sales Director, CTO and COO to ensure that Envitia’s consulting offer is a strong contributor to Envitia’s business model and future success.
Reporting to the CTO, the successful applicant will be responsible for delivering against the following critical objectives:
- Maintain a market leading Envitia consulting offer, focused on solutions to data challenges faced by public sector customers. This includes everything from data architecture to technical detail around data modelling, data quality and BI/visualisation tools
- Actively build relationships with our customers, thereby securing long term consulting accounts
- Be proactive in pre-sales activities to support sales and customer meetings, brainstorm ideas with customers, and plan and write compelling proposals
- Manage and lead teams in the delivery of consultancy projects.
- Develop and maintain consultancy process including adherence to relevant standards to produce a repeatable model for consultancy
- Be hands on when required to support the data consultancy teams delivering customer projects
- Communicate to multiple stakeholders in a language that is relevant to them
- Lead the delivery of services to customers as the “face of Envitia”, ensuring that consulting projects are delivered to the satisfaction of customers
- Maintain excellent knowledge of internal and external capabilities, past projects, lessons learned, methods and approaches to conducting advisory assignments, including report writing
- Ensure the highest standards of communication and presentation are upheld before, during and after each project including internal training and templating where required
- Keep a close eye on market developments in data and geospatial data and technologies
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to scale advisory services to new product lines
- Act as a senior leader across the business, guiding and developing junior colleagues, contributing to management decision-making, and representing Envitia externally
- Have extensive experience of managing data projects in a consultancy business
- Have proven experience in pre-sales activity and proposal writing
- Have proven ability in delivery of complex technical projects
- Be a robust and clear-headed, solution-oriented thinker, critical thinker and problem solver
- Possess strong time management and organisational skills, with an ability to manage, supervise, lead and deliver projects to deadlines
- Be highly commercially aware, with the ability to effectively consult with clients to understand, and write proposals that meet their objectives and secure further work
- Demonstrate evidence of a passion for producing the highest quality work and encouraging a focus on quality in other team members
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively with your colleagues and third parties with different backgrounds, skills and levels of seniority
- Have a continuous improvement approach
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training via Microsoft Teams
- Fleixble working – work the hours that suit you, with the ability to work from home
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
- Regular attendance in Horsham, West Sussex. (1 day a week)
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history, and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.