We’re a software and services company on a growth trajectory with 25+ years of experience in delivering world-class location and data software and expertise to customers in the public and private sector.
We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success. We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions. We do this through our team of data consultants who undertake cutting edge R&D projects or work with customers to find the best data modelling approach, architecture and standards so they’re able to make use of their data. Or, through our software products where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
We are recruiting for Enterprise Architects who are responsible for translating our clients business strategy into business change and technical delivery. This means working at all layers of our customers to act as the key conduit between a wide variety of stakeholders from Exec level down.
Our Enterprise Architects develop Architectures for our customers to ensure they can execute their business visions and strategies whilst balancing risk, commercial investment and technical plausibility.
- Supporting definition of the Business requirements and defining the Enterprise Architecture Vision
- Lead the development of Stakeholder management viewpoints
- Potentially (based on seniority) Lead a team of Enterprise Architects developing an architecture capability within our customer organisation
- Identification of the gaps in the enterprise solutions framework and development of solutions for these gaps
- Definition, documentation and education of key architecture principles and ways of working
- Development of Architectural Solutions in accordance with customer policies and external standards
- Performance of appropriate governance activities ensuring overall implementation governance, architecture compliance and conformance to the Target Architecture
- Horizon scan for major disruptive technology trends that affect the business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
- Balance commercial perspectives alongside technical drivers to ensure the proposed enterprise architecture is fit for purpose given the business objectives.
- Experience working as an enterprise level architect.
- Experience in setting strategic technical direction.
- Experience developing enterprise architecture governance processes and enforcing them
- Ability to lead a team and act as the capability (Architecture) spearhead
- Confident at bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical, mediating between people and communicating with stakeholders at all levels to build a consensus
- Substantive leadership, delegation/empowering and C suite level stakeholder management skills demonstrating relevant leadership experience
- Ideally have both TOGAF and ARCHIMATE formal certifications
- Self-starter attitude, setting and driving a direction in a complex organisation
- Train, mentor, influence and develop junior team members where needed
- Understanding of defence and local government sectors
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Encourage and support continuous process improvement and effective change management
- Formal training on Enterprise or solution architecture methodologies
- Experience of data management and exploitation
- Training & development to support you and your career
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Annual company bonus scheme (company and individual)
- Subsidised gym membership, with lunchtime circuit training via Microsoft Teams
- Fleixble working – work the hours that suit you, with the ability to work from home
- Quarterly Employee Recognition Awards
- Onsite car park
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses costs
- Regular attendance in Horsham, West Sussex. (1 day a week)
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history, and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least three years.