We are an innovative data and technology consultancy, proudly awarded the coveted Megabuyte Best Enterprise Software Award, in recognition for our outstanding organic growth in recent years. We work with our customers to solve some of their toughest data challenges, and help them make better, faster, and more informed decisions. We’re now looking to grow and build a team that are hungry for success.
We’re creating a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable in challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we really believe in empowerment.
We are looking to grow our talented engineering practice, by augmenting it with a driven and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer. This role will require excellent engineering and automation skills, and the ability to build lasting relationships with technical delivery teams and with our clients.
Our delivery portfolio of work is ever-changing, but you can expect to work on a variety of projects across customers in the public sector (e.g. Environment Agency, Ministry of Defence), to support business development activities, and to contribute to the development of new service offerings.
- Provide advice and guidance to projects on good engineering practice and effective use of a variety of engineering toolsets
- Create and manage scripts, techniques, patterns and templates that can be used by other projects to assist them in starting quickly and in-line with business objectives and needs
- Work actively with the development team to ensure that the environments are fit for purpose and that the engineers are producing software and solutions in accordance with best operational practices
- Exhibit analytical problem solving to help teams solve common engineering issues and contribute to continuous improvement
- Implement and maintenance of Build pipelines and Scripting build pipelines across engineering tooling
- Implement and maintain software mechanisms used to deploy, patch and verify software artefacts as required
- Knowledge of automated testing practices to support testing teams
- Managing and controlling the software configuration for projects including the source repository
- Creation and maintenance of automaton frameworks for environment provisioning, software deployment and ongoing operation
You will also have:
- The ability to obtain SC clearance
- A willingness to travel to various customer sites around the UK and our HQ or satellite offices
- Competitive Base salary reviewed quarterly throughout the year
- Bonuses, driven by business performance (work as a team, win as a team?!)
- Promotion in correlation with business growth – you grow as we grow
- Learning and development support (training days, exam funding, and professional memberships)
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies (such as Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
- Subsidised Monthly Gym Membership
- Life Assurance 4 x your annual salary
- BUPA Private Healthcare scheme
- Employee Benefits Platform – Perkbox subscription
- Birthday off (in addition to 25 days holiday)
1. A introductory call with our HR Team (c. 20 mins)
2. An interview with our Head of Engineering (1h00m – 1h30m)