We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey. We’re also looking for people who are comfortable with challenging the norm so we can get truly diverse thinking when solving problems and not just senior management making decisions – we live by the principles of empowerment and this role is pivotal to the success of the business.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions where location is a large part of our customers’ operations. We do this through our team of data consultants or through our software products or solutions where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have great situational awareness and can make better decisions.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team based in Horsham and /or remote, with a keen interest in data science and / or data analytics. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of Envitia software and systems, designing and writing structured code, fixing bugs, as well as monitoring technical performance of our internal systems.
- Adaptable, ability to pick up new technologies and learn quickly
- 3+ years Java as a core skillset with Spring
- DevOps, Docker and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of AWS Technologies and cloud infrastructure
- Competency with Python3
- Agile development methodology and use of TDD and BDD
- Knowledge of Angular js with Typescript is beneficial
- Design, write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary, supporting and collaborating with other developers involved in the project
- Work with Technical Lead in a timely manner to report any deviations from the architecture, design or performance of assigned tasks, or issues that are likely to cause such deviations.
- Provide accurate and timely progress updates to the Project Manager.
- Participate in internal and external Quality Assurance audits as required.
- Provide input to Process Improvement program to continuously improve technical processes or practices, based on practical day to day experiences.
- Ability to analyse user requirements and translate those into user stories.
- Research, design and write new software programs using current techniques and best practice
- Ability to evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware work
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
You’ll need to have a 1st or 2.1 degree in an engineering or numerate discipline with a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture. If you have some knowledge of cloud computing, this would be ideal.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to learn and develop in your role at a rapid pace, so a passion for CPD is going to be key
The package & benefits:
- Flexible & hybrid working – choose your working location and hours that suit you and your home life
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses
Many of our public sector and defence customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years.