We’re building a team that is hungry for success with a culture that is fun, supportive yet challenging, and we’re looking for talented like-minded people to join us on this journey.
What do we do? In short, we solve complex data problems to help our customers make better and faster decisions where location is a large part of our customers’ operations. We do this through our team of data consultants or through our software products or solutions where we enable customers to search for, and then visualise, data so they have greater situational awareness and can make better decisions.
As our Senior Business Analyst, you are responsible for conducting research and analysis in order to come up with solutions to business challenges and help to introduce these systems to businesses and our clients using data modelling techniques. This is a brand new role within Envitia.
You will develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers, as well as the sales team and delivery team to identify and execute opportunities and areas for improvement. To do this you will need to fully understand our customers and anticipate future challenges or opportunities when aligned against the customer’s operations and strategy.
- Understanding our customers’ business problems, processes and systems, including data flows across an organisation. Then recognising the data problem to be solved and matching this to a value proposition that can be offered by Envitia.
- Create requirements that are understandable by both technical and non-technical audiences
- Create user stories to our internal delivery teams such that it represents our customer needs accurately
- Be the voice of the customer / customer representative working with our delivery teams to ensure we deliver exactly what the customer needs and the business understands why we are delivering them
- Identify and help manage risk and opportunities across projects (including Change Requests and opportunities for further sales)
- Stakeholder management, management of disparate stakeholders with differing views in customer environments to present internally a single source of truth for the requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand complex business processes and system alignment
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement with the ability to influence at all levels – capable of leading stakeholder debates, influencing and challenging constructively, taking the time to understand the business needs and build strong, trusted relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to thrive to challenges and problem solving – driven to make things better for our clients fostering an attitude of continuous improvement to deliver maximum value to the business and will look at problems differently and really drive to make us better.
- Ability to understand and interact with data as it flows through a business system and understand the needs that customers have of that data
- Experience with software development lifecycle and engineering principles
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally with technical and non technical teams
- Ability to define, build and ‘sell’ a business case for a given solution
- Experience working across multiple projects in multiple domains simultaneously
You’re not looking for a standard 9-5 role. You want the best of both worlds: a start-up mentality with disruptive thinking and a ‘growth mindset culture’, but with the security of a profitable, larger company, with a solid customer base and financial stability.
This is not a role for someone who needs significant support and daily guidance. Instead, it’s someone who finds problems, uses their initiative to come up with ideas and works well with others to get the best solution.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance
- Flexible working – choose your working location and hours that suit you and your home life
- Medical & life insurance, plus attractive company pension
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday as holiday
- Perkbox membership to help you with your everyday purchases
- Free Eye Tests, as well as contribution towards glasses
Security Clearance Requirements
Many of our public sector customers require UK Security Clearance as a mandated requirement. You’ll need to provide proof of identity, employment history and right to work in the UK, along with proof of UK residency, for at least five years